domenica 7 settembre 2014

I'm just realizing this will be the most exciting year of my life!!! I don't know if it's because I spent only two weeks in Canada and everything is still new and awesome( maybe also because school hasn't started yet- we're all waiting crossing our fingers) but I feel like I'm living exactly what I was looking for before leaving. It's not a dream, though. Neither a fairy tale or a paradise. You have to be very determined and strong cause even if you're surrounded by extremely gentle and welcoming people, you're alone. You must be indipendent. If it's meant to be, it's up to you, right? I'm not in vacation. I am not a tourist. But I wasn't born here either so I am not Canadian (not yet!!). People won't come to me asking to hang out as if I've always been their friend. Eventually, they will let me be part of their group as long as I'll demonstrate them I deserve it. Then let's be spontaneous, honest. Be curious. Try as many new things as possible. Join as many activities as possible. You're not a traveller, you're an exchange student and you share cultures and emotions. Then seize the day. Don't be afraid to emerse yourself in this new world cause this is actually the aim. Do not compare the exchanges: each one is gonna be different than any other but not less extraordinary. Finally, be thankful and grateful to all those people who make it real.
Well, this is what I should always keep it in mind xxx

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento